Monday, August 1, 2011

Momma's Back!

Hello blog world! It's been a long, long wait, but.....I'm back! I haven't written a post since December. I have so much to share! I've been working on my goal and I'm proud to say there have been some drastic changes in our lives. Changes for the good. Since the last time I shared with you, my precious baby boy has turned 2! He's actually 2 1/2 now. He's thriving and beautiful. The biggest change is I've gone part time! Alert the media! I'm not just a SAHM wannabe now. I'm a PTSAHM (new word!). So I'm kinda still a wannabe since it's only part time but I also can kinda own the stay at home mom thing too. Word.

My focus for this blog was to share my journey from a full time working Mommy to a full time stay at home Mommy. Honestly, I quit blogging because, along with being busy with life, I got discouraged. It seemed like too long of a 'journey' to blog about. I got bored because I felt like I was repeating myself - like I wasn't actually doing anything to make it happen. I stopped and had a heart to heart with myself, my husband and my Lord. I prayed so hard for it to happen if it was meant to happen. I didn't sit back anymore. I got focused and it happened. The big changes I needed to make, didn't seem so big anymore. I sold my newer SUV and got a less expensive one. We buckled down and paid off our other car. We actually stopped eating out. Before we had stopped, but caved so quickly soon after. This time it was real. We also have decided to be more healthy so it's a win, win. Less expensive car = less expensive insurance and tag, cable is still cut back, Walmart trips are really nonexistent now (a victory in itself - I really loathe Walmart), date nights are more creative, meaning less money. I don't miss any of my cuts. Truly, it excites me to do them. Yea I'm only part time right now - I'm only half way there...but I'm HALF way there!!! It's a blessing and I couldn't be more thankful!

Since cutting back I've had time to do so much more. The things I've been wanting to do for so long. I've been doing crafts, re-dos, homemade foods and cleaners....tons of stuff I'm going to be sharing over the next few weeks.

I'm ready to learn, share and possibly inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment