Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Let the cutbacks begin...

Well I'm a couple of weeks in and things are moving along nicely. So far we've made some good changes. We've cut back some things we didn't really need, like...... eating out and my tanning package (spray tanning...gave up the beds a while ago...Momma doesn't need anymore help getting wrinkles!)

Oh and the hubs cut his online music purchases in half...so nice of him. He's a musician so it was kinda like his dog died the day he did it, but he got over it!

I also have cut back on the grocery bill and I saved a ton on diapers this month by using the Amazon deal.

So far we're at about $600 in savings for the month. I hope we can keep it up. I've been looking around and making friends with coupon moms and frugal tip moms. The blogs like this are endless. There are tons of tips out there just waiting to be discovered. It's really been fun so far and I haven't missed any of the things I've cut. Now don't get me wrong I don't want to be the crazy frugal family that chooses to live in their camper, eats nothing but Ramen noodles and can't flush the toilet with just tinkle in it! I want a nice balance.

So that's where I am. I'm going to keep trucking along and making this thing a reality! Before you know it I'm gonna be knocked up, doing crafts with baby boy, while cooking dinner in my spotless house...can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the follow and comment. however, i don't see you're following on my blog.

    I need to get on those sites and start cutting out coupons that is one thing I haven't done yet. must be done!

    -Sandra.

    ReplyDelete