Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thrift Store Thursday

I am beyond excited to introduce my new category of posts - Thrift Store Thursday! If you know me you know I loooove to thrift. I have a knack for seeing beauty in other people's old crap. It's a gift, really! Haha. I'll start the week off by sharing 2 items I found earlier this month.

The first is a simple glass jar with a lid.


It was marked $2 but I got it 1/2 off for only $1! I will be able to use it for many things but since Fall is here I decided to go with a candy jar.

Check it......


I had the ribbon and raffia. I bought the candy at the Dollar Tree for $1. Total spent = $2!

Next is my favorite. I've been seeing all these cute ways on Pinterest to display your child's artwork. I had all these big ideas of making something from scratch, but when I saw this, my heart sang!


It's just a painted black frame around tin. It was already lined on the back and had a nail hanger. I got it for only $1.50!!!! I couldn't get it to the register fast enough. I knew exactly where it was going to go in my kitchen.

I turned this......messy frig......


Into this......


I love it!

P.S. If you were wondering...yes that is a 'Today Show' magnet! I heart Matt Lauer.

No comments:

Post a Comment